Well after a couple hours and a couple science kits later she mentioned that she really wants to learn how to sew this summer.
So we headed down to the fabric section. I found a McCalls pattern, M6227. It is for pajamas. I figured that after some practice she would be able to make these. I had her pick out fabric and she paid for that.
After cutting the pattern and not fitting it well on the fabric, I decided to make them more of a capri length.
So while she was at school on Tuesday, I sewed them up as much as I could. I also had enough scrap material to make her American Girl Doll, Kathleen a pair.
So when Miss V got home, I had her try them on so I could do the elastic and hem.
Miss V is very happy with them.