Thursday, April 18, 2013

Color Block Dress

In an attempt to get sewing again, I printed out a pattern I bought a long time ago from Liberty Jane called the Color Block Dress.

The other day I picked Miss V up at school and we took a trip to Hobby Lobby and she picked out some fabric.

The next morning I attempted to make the dress.  Well it just really didn't work out as I had planned.  Some of the directions really didn't make sense to me.  Not saying it is a problem with the pattern, just me.

Love technology....

Anyway here is the finished dress

I was not thrilled with it and Miss V said it was ok.  She did not like the mesh overlay.  I promised that I would try again with some scrap fabric and rework it so it made sense to me and I made some of the pieces a bit bigger.

This morning I attempted the dress again without the overlay.  I even printed the pattern again and did notice that my scaling was on, but it really didn't look much bigger.  I made the waistband thicker and didn't cut out the lining.  Just the top was lined.  I also made the skirt portion much less wide.

This time it worked out much better, but just have one issue on the back.

It doesn't totally line up and stay closed.

I think this one came out much better than the first.  I will try again with some other scrap fabric before I use up her pretty Patriot fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment