Tuesday, July 15, 2014

VBS Jungle Safari Binoculars for our Bouncy Beetles

I am the VBS Coordinator for my church.  I love finding cute DIY ideas to go along with the theme.  Pinterest is my FAVORITE place to find inspiration.  I have a Board dedicated to Jungle Safari, Where Kids Explore the Nature of God.

This year's theme is so fun!!!

I found a cute idea on how to make Binoculars.  I am always saving toilet paper tubes and I think it drives my family nuts.

Anyway you will need:
Toilet Paper Tubs
Black Spray Paint
Black Yarn
Funky duct tape
Hot Glue Gun


First you want to glue two tubes together and let dry.




Then spray the tubes with black spray paint.  I just did a quick single coat.  They weren't as dark as I liked and you could still see where the paper was attached.  I don't really think it will matter to the kids and I even asked my trusty assistant Miss V and she said it was fine.


I then measured out a piece of yarn and glued it to the side of the tubes and let cool.  Then take duct tape and wrap it around and smooth the best you can.  I found that starting it in the crease between the two tubes was best and ended it there too.


So now I have 23 pair of binoculars!  Miss V thinks they are adorable!  I guess you could paint them any color and even fun bright colors to go along with the Jungle Safari Logo!


No comments:

Post a Comment