Tuesday, March 20, 2012

RIT Dye

So I wanted to refresh a pair of my black shorts, a pair of my husband's black pants and dye a pair of olive green capri pants and a pair of navy shorts.

I bought a bottle of the black dye this morning and started working on this little project.  I followed the directions from their site exactly.

During the process it looked promising....After the items had been rinsed, washed and dried...well it wasn't as successful as I had hoped.

Black Pants - Before


Black Pants - After (these do look much better)

Black Shorts - Before

Black Shorts - After (they came out good)



Navy Shorts - Before

Navy Shorts - After (they are darker but definitely not black)



Olive Capri pants - Before

Olive Capri Pants - After they are more like charcoal gray and not sure if I have anything that would go with them.


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... very interesting. You can see the difference in each picture, but You can definitely tell the shorts look like a darker shade of blue, not black.

    ReplyDelete