Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Unfinished Doll Beds for an 18 doll including American Girl Dolls

I have been hunting for reasonably priced unfinished beds for Miss V's American Girll doll for about a year. I found some a few months ago, but the store did not ship.  I found them at Mill Stores.   Then a couple weeks ago I looked at them again and they now ship!!!!  So I ordered two and when the boxes arrived, they were quickly hidden in the garage.  I didn't have much time to finish them, so I didn't even fill the nail holes or sand them.  I used the Behr paint and primer in one and it did a great job.  I gave each bed two coats of paint and then put them in my office and locked the door so the suprise wouldn't get spoiled.




A piece of 22x22 inch foam cut in half and it made the perfect size mattress

I tried to follow a tutorial on making fitted sheets, but ended up a bit frustrated since these were custom sizes compared to the tutorial.  Luckily the fabric was big enough just to tightly tuck around the mattresses.

Here is the quilts, pillows and decorative pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment